San Jose Sharks Gladiator Cut Resistant Hockey Socks
Item # gladiator-so-cut-resist-sjo
Limited Return Policy: Item can be returned for store credit within 14 Days of delivery.
This item is eligible for discounts, sales, and promotions.
A polyester shell cases a liner made with Dyneema®—the world’s strongest fiber adding the final layer of protection against serious or even career-threatening injuries related to skate-blade cuts. The Gladiator Sock is the first customizable cut-resistant hockey sock to provide safe coverage of the entire leg; from ankle all the way up to where the leg meets the hip joint.
The solution is a knit sock with a loose-hanging liner, to grab and drag skate-blades, keeping them from direct contact with the leg. The Gladiator’s construction allows for double-layered resistance, and the last layer is the strongest possible line of defense against skate-blade cuts.
The Dyneema® liner found in the Gladiator Sock ensures a last line of defense against skate-blade cuts while providing a comfortable, flexible feel that enables the performance hockey players expect to maintain. Dyneema® is a fiber invented by DSM, a Netherlands-based company. It derives its enormous strength from a proprietary gel-spinning process that results in incredibly long, straight polymer chains. The result is a fusion of extreme strength and supreme softness. The Dyneema® brand is used in a wide and ever-increasing range of applications such as medical sutures, commercial fishing and aquaculture nets, ropes, slings, cut-resistant gloves and apparel, vehicle, personal ballistic protection, and now, cut-resistant hockey socks.
- Stronger, more durable, and more than 50% more cut-resistant than regular knit hockey socks
- Full Leg Coverage: Ankle to Thigh
- Safe, Comfortable, Reliable
- The Gladiator Sock is cut-resistant, NOT cut-proof
- One outer-lining made entirely of polyester
- One inner-lining made of Dyneema® –The World’s Strongest Fiber™
- Dyneema® –The World’s Strongest Fiber™
- 15 times stronger than quality steel at equal weight
- 30 times lighter than quality steel at equal volume
- Doesn’t absorb or retain water
- Breathable, Washable, Wearable: Better air circulation than cotton
|Gladiator Sock Sizing Chart
Please Note: Sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.